Packaging Update

>> Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Received my new packaging. There has been a couple issues with size. I am brainstorming different ideas to make the tons of bags and such that I ordered work until I can buy some things that are larger. I believe I have figured out how everything will now be packaged. My whole goal has been to help save on money and lower shipping costs. The glass jars are not profitable for me. Shipping is so high. Actually looking back at the numbers over the last couple months I am not profiting anything.

Friday morning I am going to be changing a lot of things in my shop, including prices. I have struggled along time with the decision of raising my prices. After finalizing my licensing and insurance this last month my overhead went up dramatically. Therefore I have had to brainstorm some new ideas to make things more profitable for me yet still make it desirable enough of a price to encourage sales. My cookies will be packaged differently and listed in different quantities starting friday morning. Also my jars will only be limited to approximately 25 varieties still available in the glass mason jars. I am discontinuing at least 30 flavors of mixes. I think 125 mixes is just too much right now. I also will be packaging differently my mixes. Therefore there will be a whole bunch of changes to my mixes.

The mixes I am discontinuing are:

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Covered Raisin Cookies
Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Scottish Shortbread Cookies
Sugar Cookies
Chocolate Pecan Chewies
Chocolate Walnut Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Chip Brownies
Butterscotch Fudge Brownies
Molasses Cookies
Lentil Soup
Black Eyed Pea Soup
Tortilla Soup
Gumbo
Chicken & Rice
Santa Fe
Chicken & rice
Greek Lemon Soup
Cajun Chicken Soup
Maple Muffins
Biscotti Mix
Multigrain Pancake Mix
Gingerbread Pancake Mix

The above listed mixes are $12 total with shipping for a limited time only.

1 comments:

The Double Dipped Life April 16, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

Sometimes it is fun to revamp. good luck!

Will these flavors still be available for custom orders?

And...are the ones for sale listed as such in your shop? Looked, but did not see...

Thanks!!

About Meg's Creations

Meg's Creations is SAHM/WAHM business, layering up lots of love into delicious, ready-made-mixes. From cookies & brownies, to soups & dips, pancake & muffin mixes, with over 125 mixes in all. My home is 100% smoke and pet free, and I do all my baking in a commercial kitchen that is licensed by the state of Washington. All mixes are freshly made to order, and are available in reusable, decorative mason jars, zip-lock bags, or our new recyclable, eco-friendly cloth bags!

About Meg

My photo
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Powered By Blogger

Add to Google Reader or HomepageAdd to My AOLAdd to netvibesAdd to netomat HubAdd to Pageflakes Powered by FeedBurner

    © Megs Creations In A Jar. Customization by SchroederSisters.com based on Emporium Digital Template 2009

Back to TOP