Balancing Act

>> Friday, July 24, 2009

Sometimes I feel like I am doing a balancing act. I always have too much going on. Between being a mommy, wife, school and running a business that has so much going on by itself. Sometimes I read other peoples blogs for inspiration. I read about so many work at home moms who seem to have this all balanced perfectly. How do they do it? Time management of course is huge. I really try to stay on a schedule and keep up on my to do lists. Yes plural, I have so many to do lists. It's kind of a joke between me and my husband. He teases me about all the lists. But with so much to do and so little time sometimes it is necessary to keep everything organized with lists.

Lately I find it really hard to keep motivated and stay on my routines. Being a stay at home mom running my own business it can be very easy to let time get away from me. The summer here and so much to do with the kiddos also doesn't make it any easier but oh well. We have done so much this summer, movies, library, parks, playgroups. Having the daycare has always kept us at home. Now that I am not watching kiddos we can come and go this summer.

I have so many ideas right now for the holiday season. I feel like I am in a mad rush to make sure this holiday season goes well. Been working on finalizing my craft show calendar for the rest of the year. So many venues to pick from. Trying to figure out where will be the best for my business can be so overwhelming in itself. Portland/Vancouver area has such a huge community of wonderful artists that naturally we have so many great craft fairs to pick from. I have never done any of the bigger juried craft fairs. Been mainly the schools and church craft fairs so far but I feel like it is time to step it up and go for the bigger juried venues.

Which leads me to needing banners, flyers, new biz cards and those sort of things. Been hard at work with all the promotional and label type stuff for Megs Creations. It's so much to think about. I feel a real branded look to a business is so very important. Which I have almost achieved. With my business being so many different layers (etsy, wholesale, local, catering and craft shows) it can mean a heck of a lot of different labels, tags, flyers, cards, biz cards and such. I have been trying desperately to teach myself some graphics programs but I really have no idea what I am doing or what programs to even look for. Have worked with a couple people for the graphics I have now but not completely satisfied and I need so many more items now. Therefore I have no choice but to try and figure it all out. But this graphics stuff is all way over my head.

Wow I need to stop ranting. I think I have gone on enough about my latest ventures for now. Will be working on many new mixes and cookies this weekend. Hubby has promised to help take photos all Sunday afternoon. So stay tuned for new stuff early next week. I haven't been this excited about new flavors for a long time. Think exotic fruits and many new spice mixes.

2 comments:

Maryann July 25, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

your delicious butterfinger cookies have added two pounds to my scale ;O) SO good!

PussDaddy July 27, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

I think I gained a pound just reading Maryann's comment.

PussDaddy

About Meg's Creations

Meg's Creations is SAHM/WAHM business, layering up lots of love into delicious, ready-made-mixes. From cookies & brownies, to soups & dips, pancake & muffin mixes, with over 125 mixes in all. My home is 100% smoke and pet free, and I do all my baking in a commercial kitchen that is licensed by the state of Washington. All mixes are freshly made to order, and are available in reusable, decorative mason jars, zip-lock bags, or our new recyclable, eco-friendly cloth bags!

About Meg

My photo
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Powered By Blogger

Add to Google Reader or HomepageAdd to My AOLAdd to netvibesAdd to netomat HubAdd to Pageflakes Powered by FeedBurner

    © Megs Creations In A Jar. Customization by SchroederSisters.com based on Emporium Digital Template 2009

Back to TOP