New Packaging

>> Saturday, March 28, 2009

I have been experimenting and researching alot lately with new packaging for my mixes. I have my jars listed in glass quart mason jars. Which weighs a ton and costs so much to ship. I have been experimenting with plastic containers, bags and such. The plastic containers really don't weigh all that much less. Or I haven't found any that are that much lighter. Bags seem to be the way to go. I am trying to save a little money to purchase some bakery/food bags from www.uline.com A few weeks ago I got the uline catalog in the mail and have picked so many things out to get when I have a chance. I use styrofoam peanuts right now and just hate it. With going to bags that will eliminate the need for those. For the orders that are still in glass jars I would like to get some of the biodegradable starch peanuts. That would make me feel so much better.

I think I will still offer my mixes in the glass quart jars which are very popular for gifts. The layered look, fabric topper and ribbon make the jars very decorative and pretty. For those just wanting the mix for themselves and are not worried about the "look" I would like to offer a cheaper packaging and shipping alternative to the glass jars. I have found some nice bags but now I have been working on somehow labeling and decorating the bags. What I need to do is get some more graphics made, but again have to wait for more money.

One very exciting thing to announce is that I am now 100% licensed and insured in the state of Washington as a food processor. I have been working on a blog post about the whole food processor licensing experience and process. So stay tuned for that.

1 comments:

The Double Dipped Life March 30, 2009 at 7:53 AM  

Meg! Check out this site for how they package their mixes! http://www.lehirollermill.com/
Good luck!

About Meg's Creations

Meg's Creations is SAHM/WAHM business, layering up lots of love into delicious, ready-made-mixes. From cookies & brownies, to soups & dips, pancake & muffin mixes, with over 125 mixes in all. My home is 100% smoke and pet free, and I do all my baking in a commercial kitchen that is licensed by the state of Washington. All mixes are freshly made to order, and are available in reusable, decorative mason jars, zip-lock bags, or our new recyclable, eco-friendly cloth bags!

About Meg

My photo
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Powered By Blogger

Add to Google Reader or HomepageAdd to My AOLAdd to netvibesAdd to netomat HubAdd to Pageflakes Powered by FeedBurner

    © Megs Creations In A Jar. Customization by SchroederSisters.com based on Emporium Digital Template 2009

Back to TOP