"Quitting" my day job!

>> Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm quitting my day job. No not really but I have decided to completely change my life around alot. I am no longer going to focus so much time and attention with the daycare. I am going to put most of my time and energy into Megs Creations and now my new etsy shop Whimsical Tots. As for the daycare I am going to be changing everything over from a full time daycare to more of a preschool. I have given notice to almost all of my parents. Then I will take a month off to plan and organize everything for more of a preschool setting. I will only have my 2 and my cousins 2 full time now. After I get everything planned and organized then I am going to advertise for a few more kids only 3-4 hours in the mornings for preschool. I am very excited about that and can't wait to focus on nurturing these creative little minds. As for the etsy stuff I will now have much more time to focus on making this a real and legitimate business. I have been working with a graphic designer that is working on a whole new look for both etsy shops. I am giving everything a whole new makeover. We are designing a custom logo that will be on my etsy as well as my blog and I think even my twitter. It's really cute I can't wait till it's all done. I also got a new camera and I am in the process of taking all new pictures. Tomorrow I will be cleaning out the playroom and making that my new office. I bought all new shelves in the living room for all the toys. It is going to be so nice to have an office. Hopefully that will inspire the creative juices. I have so many ideas and plans. Now hopefully with the space to do it all I will stay motivated to create so many new things. I have been researching light boxes and now with the extra room I will be making a more permanent one to perfect the photos. Well I think that is enough rambling for now. I also plan on blogging and social networking alot more:)

1 comments:

Mo Pho February 7, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

Awesome!! It is nice that you were working in an industry that you are able to adjust in order to nuture your desires to expand your business :) It sounds like you will enjoy this transition!

About Meg's Creations

Meg's Creations is SAHM/WAHM business, layering up lots of love into delicious, ready-made-mixes. From cookies & brownies, to soups & dips, pancake & muffin mixes, with over 125 mixes in all. My home is 100% smoke and pet free, and I do all my baking in a commercial kitchen that is licensed by the state of Washington. All mixes are freshly made to order, and are available in reusable, decorative mason jars, zip-lock bags, or our new recyclable, eco-friendly cloth bags!

About Meg

My photo
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Powered By Blogger

Add to Google Reader or HomepageAdd to My AOLAdd to netvibesAdd to netomat HubAdd to Pageflakes Powered by FeedBurner

    © Megs Creations In A Jar. Customization by SchroederSisters.com based on Emporium Digital Template 2009

Back to TOP